WHAT IS THE MISSION OF NFSIS?
The North Fork School of Integrated Studies is a Waldorf-inspired public school that nurtures intelligent and courageous human beings who create beauty and bring solutions to a diverse world.
Our vision is to awaken confident, competent, and compassionate individuals to the wonder of learning so they may thrive within a vibrant community.
- We value experiential learning steeped in the arts and nature, and grounded in practical life.
- We value a developmentally sensitive a culturally rich curriculum.
- We value curiosity, wonder, and imagination as the beginning of knowledge.
- We value teacher-directed learning.
- We value students creating their own learning materials using high-quality supplies/products.
- We value collaboration.
- We value goodness, beauty, and truth in the world.